Skip Navigation Website Accessibility
Call us at 435-637-4950

Long Term Care Ombudsman

What is an Ombudsman?

Ombudsman are authorized to receive complaints, investigate allegations and the resolve them on behalf of residents of long-term care facilities (i.e. nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and intermediate care facilities for the intellectually disabled). An Ombudsman is an advocate for the resident. An Ombudsman is a screened and trained staff member of the State of Utah Long-term Care Ombudsman program.

An Ombudsman can:
  • Be an objective advocate.
  • Provide education related to residents' rights, abuse prevention, and other related topics.
  • Help resolve problems withing the long-term care facility.
  • Provide community resources.
  • Provide support to residents while dealing with concerns they may have about their care and quality of life.

Residents Rights

Adults have the right to make personal choices and decisions.

Residents have the right to:

  • Be treated with Respect, dignity and consideration;
  • Exercise civil and religious liberties as a resident of Utah and the United States;
  • Confidentiality of personal and clinical records
  • Participate in social, religious and community activities;
  • Be informed of their medical condition and participate in treatment planning;
  • Choose their own attending physical and the source of pharmacy services;
  • Be free from verbal, sexual, physical or mental abuse and both and chemical and physical restraints;
  • Be told of services, costs and items not paid for by Medicaid or Medicare;
  • Freedom of association and communication in privacy, including visits with anyone of their choice in or outside the facility, mail and telephone services, and access to records and state inspection reports;
  • Not to be transferred or discharged without cause of notice;
  • Be treated without discrimination regardless of source of payment;
  • Make complaints and express grievances without fear of discrimination or reprisal;
  • Manage personal and financial affairs, make choices and independent decisions, and issue health care directives.
Uintah, Daggett and Duchesne Counties: call Ashley Marx at 435-722-5209.

Carbon, Emery, Grand, and San Juan Counties: call Lenissa Jimenez at 435-613-0040.

We are committed to ADA compliance. Read our accessibility statement